You only need 4 ingredients to make these easy chocolate Valentine’s Day cookies! These cookies are colorful and delicious, and taste similar to chocolate cake! And they’re so easy to make, you could make them with your kids!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links from Amazon.com. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I make a small profit at no additional charge to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Are you looking for an fun Valentine’s Day activity to do with your kids? These cookies are so easy to make, you don’t have to worry about overmixing or doing things carefully. Make these cookies and when they’re done, you can do this free Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt. Cupid will come and “steal” their treats and they can chase him around your house trying to get them back!
I made these treats with my boys and they had so much fun!
Here’s my older son Jack turning on the oven. We are currently homeschooling, so I try to get creative in incorporating reading and numbers into our day. I tell him to find the button with B-A-K-E on it, then hit 3, 5 and and 0, and then hit the S-T-A-R-T button. (He also knows that he is not allowed to turn on the oven without a grown up present!)
Here’s Jack and Henry getting the mixer ready to use. I let them play with it before we plug it in. They like snapping the bowl in and raising and lowering the bowl.
Here they are using scissors to cut open the bag of cake mix and add it to the bowl. (You can totally make these without a mixer! A mixing bowl and whisk/spatula works fine!)
Here’s the cookies while we were rolling them in spinkles
And here’s what they look like after they’ve come out of the oven and are on a cooling rack!
Now enjoy! (I know we all enjoyed them here!)
Hope you have as much fun making these as we did!
- 15.25 oz box of chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Valentine's themed sprinkles (I used a mix of Celebake and Wiltons)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Add eggs and oil to a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk them together (as much as you want!)
- Add cake mix to the mixing bowl containing the oil and eggs. Mix thoroughly using a spatula.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls (slightly smaller than a golf ball). Roll the dough between two hands until its smooth.
- Add sprinkles to a bowl. Roll cookie dough ball in sprinkles until thoroughly and evenly covered. After coating dough with sprinkles, roll the ball between your hands to ensure sprinkles are attached well.
- Place dough balls on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Upon removing cookies from the oven, allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes then using a spatula, place them on a cooling rack.